Nowadays scientific events are mostly international. It is widely recognised that the ability to communicate one’s findings effectively in English is extremely important and an essential attribute for success in the scientific community. This training focuses on building confidence in your presentation style. Become familiar with the key elements of a successful presentation in an international setting and take advantage of the opportunity to apply them in practice.
- Particular features of a presentation in an international context: analysing the audience and setting objectives, creating professional slides
- Specific idioms and tools for presentations in English: being aware of cultural dimensions, polishing up your language
- Tips, tricks, and tools for international presentations: dealing with difficult questions and participants, coping with time constraints
- Practical exercises and talks of participants
- You will learn the key elements of oral presentations in English.
- You will learn what to do and what to avoid at international scientific events (cultural differences).
- You will learn the specific vocabulary and idioms for talks in English.
- You will learn how to manage the question-and-answer-session.
This training is for postgraduates, researchers and teaching scientists who are non-native speakers but fluent in English and who would like to have more practice and guidance for presenting in English.
Klicken Sie auf den unteren Button, um den Inhalt nachzuladen.
12.03.2013 - 13.03.2013 | Tag 1: 10:00 - 18:00 Uhr, Tag 2: 8:30 - 16:00 Uhr
Die Teilnahme an diesem Seminar ist nicht mehr möglich.
Leibniz-Gemeinschaft, Geschäftsstelle Berlin
Chausseestraße 111 10115 Berlin
- Wissenstransfer und Weiterbildung