Giving a presentation puts you on public display. In many ways your research reputation will be enhanced or diminished. Thus, effective communication of scientific knowledge is an essential component of any career in science. The ability to present one’s research in English is becoming more and more important for scientists of all disciplines. This practical two-day course provides key elements for a successful presentation in an international setting. It covers techniques that can be easily implemented, ranging from structuring a presentation‘s content and knowing helpful phrases to creating slides and coping with stage fright, to dealing with difficult situations. This training will also help you to build confidence in your presentation style and to improve your specific speaking skills. One of the easiest ways to stand out at an academic conference is to give a great talk.
- Preparation of scientific talks: Analysing the audience, structuring your content, creating professional slides
- Delivering a scientific talk: Knowing helpful idioms, coping with time constraints, being aware of cultural differences
- Tips and tools for talks in international settings: Dealing with difficult questions and participants, coping with stage fright, knowing about communication psychology
- Practical exercises and talks of participants
- You will learn the key elements of oral presentations in English.
- You will learn what to do and what to avoid at international scientific events.
- You will learn the specific vocabulary and idioms for talks in English.
- You will learn how to manage the question-and-answer-session.
This training is for postgraduates, researchers and teaching scientists who are non-native speakers but fluent in English and who would like to have more practice and guidance for presentations in English.
The number of participants is limited.
Klicken Sie auf den unteren Button, um den Inhalt nachzuladen.
30.06.2015 - 01.07.2015 | Tag 1: 10:00 - 18:00 Uhr, Tag 2: 9:00 - 17:00 Uhr
Dieses Seminar ist ausgebucht, bitte kontaktieren Sie uns für weitere Termine.
ZEW – Leibniz-Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung
L 7, 1 68161 Mannheim
- Wissenstransfer und Weiterbildung