The ZEW Sponsors' Association for Science and Practice (Registered Society) in Mannheim has targeted the dialogue between science and practice for mutual benefit since its foundation in 1993. Representatives from the economy, particularly from the Rhine-Neckar metropolitan region, have formed the non-profit association to support ZEW with help and advice. The ZEW Sponsors' Association promotes practice-relevant research projects and is involved at the institute's events like "Perspectives for Economic Policy". Prof. Dr. Claudia Buch, Dr. Angela Merkel, Prof. Dr. Johanna Wanka, Prof. James J. Heckman, PhD, Timotheus Höttges, Karl Kardinal Lehmann, Carlos Moedas, Günter H. Oettinger, Dr. Wolfgang Schäuble, Prof. Dr. Christoph M. Schmidt, Dr. Rolf Martin Schmitz, Prof. Dr. Hans-Werner Sinn, Jean-Claude Trichet and others gave speeches at these ZEW events.
Moreover, the ZEW Sponsors' Association is a forum where companies and researchers from various fields can discuss vital economic and political issues. This dialogue proved to be productive for both sides. It provides companies with scientifically sound answers to diverse topics and provides science with the necessary reference to practice. The members of the ZEW Sponsors' Association for Science and Practice (Registered Society) regularly receive the most important information about ZEW and are invited to all of the institute's major events.
The ZEW Sponsors' Association is sponsored by membership fees and donations. The members pay a yearly membership fee whose amount is left to the members' decision, considering the minimum fee of €1.000 for companies and €200 for individuals.
For further information on membership of the ZEW Sponsors' Association for Science and Practice (Registered Society), please contact the Office of the Sponsors' Association Science and Practice at the Centre for European Economic Research (ZEW).
Short reports and videos of previous events
- First-Hand Information on Economic Policy: Europe Must Play off Its Strengths in the Face of Signs of Global Decline on 21 November 2018 in Mannheim
- First-Hand Information on Economic Policy: Artificial Intelligence - Time for Europe to Wake Up on 12 Juli 2018 in Mannheim
- First-Hand Information on Economic Policy: Securing Supply Is the Key to the Success of Germany’s Energy Transition
- First-Hand Information on Economic Policy: Policy-Makers Should Take Advantage of Economic Tailwinds in Europe and Germany
- First-Hand Information on Economic Policy: Data Is a Growth Factor
- First-Hand Information on Economic Policy: "The New Europe Must Succeed"