Innovation Processes in Firms
The Research Area Comprises
- Indicators and Measurement of Innovation Activities
- Determinants of Corporate Innovation Behaviour
- Innovation Strategies in Firms
- Effects of Innovation on Firms and Macroeconomic Variable
- Conception and Evaluation of Research and Innovation Policy Instruments
This research area considers the determinants and effects of corporate innovation practices, the keys to successful innovation, and the political and institutional factors that promote (successful) innovation. Its research programme incorporates innovation measurement, econometric analyses of innovation practices and the conception and evaluation of innovation policy measures. Much of the work conducted in this research area is connected to the Mannheim Innovation Panel (MIP), a representative survey on corporate innovation behaviour in the German economy. The MIP forms the basis for Germany’s innovation statistics and represents the country’s contribution to the Community Innovation Survey (CIS).