The competition is heating up... Which of the school teams mentored by ZEW will make it through the Southwest regional final to compete in the grand final? Could this year’s winner be one of the ZEW teams? ZEW has accompanied the winning teams for three years in a row – which has given ZEW ample incentive to help the students of this year’s competition win the top places again.
Since the end of last year, the school teams of the Southwest region (Baden-Württemberg, Rhineland-Palatinate, Hesse and Saarland) have been working on their solutions, with support from ZEW researchers. The concepts have been discussed and further developed during the regular project meetings, most of which have been held online due to the coronavirus pandemic in 2020.
The regional final 1 July 2020 will also take place digitally via Zoom. On that day, the YES! teams from the Southwest region will present their solutions. Afterwards, the students vote on the best ideas and decide who should represent the region in the national finals in September.
Seven student teams will be competing against each other in the Southwest regional final with their solutions on the following issues:
- Efficiently Organising Day-Care Allocations for Children, mentored by Nicolas Fugger and Tobias Riehm
- Gründerzeit now! Through Innovative Start-Ups to Green Economymentored by Marius Berger and Johannes Bersch
- Facts vs. Fake News – Why Digital Science Communication Is Getting More Important, mentored by Daniela Heimberger and Theresa Heep
- “My House, My Savings Account, My Retirement”: Saving for the Future: Dealing with Low Interest Rates (2 teams), mentored by Karolin Kirschenmann and Jesper Riedler
- Making It in the German Labour Market: Strengthening the Integration of Refugees (2 teams), mentored by Karolin Sommerfeld, Katia Gallegos Torres and Paul Berbée