1st ReCapNet Conference: Real Estate Markets and Capital MarketsConference
The Leibniz Network on Real Estate Markets and Capital Markets (ReCapNet) focuses on the interactions between real estate markets and capital markets. Researchers from different disciplines, and with different methodological approaches, analyse the importance of international capital markets for real estate markets. Aims of the network include, but are not limited to: assessing the consequences of financial market conditions for housing and commercial real estate markets; development opportunities, outcomes and financial markets; and, the stability of real estate and capital markets.
In October 30/31, 2009, the first interdisciplinary conference of the network took place at the ZEW in Mannheim, Germany. This conference was open to all researchers who are interested in the relationship between real estate markets and capital markets.
We accepted contributions in finance and economics, as well as in economic and urban geography, regional science, urban development planning, demography and law.
Potential topics include (but are not limited to):
- Spillovers between real estate markets and capital markets
- Financing behaviour and stability of real estate markets
- Urban development and new ownership structures in housing markets
- Performance and risk of real estate based capital market instruments
- Regulation of real estate based capital market instruments
- Financing behaviour, corporate strategy and performance of real estate companies
- Shaun Bond
- Matthias Casper
- Clemens Deilmann
- Björn-Martin Kurzrock
- Felix Schindler
- Steffen Sebastian
- Hanna Sommer
- Christina West
- Peter Westerheide
Call for Papers, (PDF file, 356 KB)