Members of the Scientific Board include Daron Acemoglu (MIT), Bronwyn Hall (University of California at Berkeley & Maastricht University), Kai Konrad (MPI Munich), Josh Lerner (Harvard Business School), Steve Machin (University College London), Pierre Mohnen (UNU-MERIT & Maastricht University) and Fabrizio Zilibotti (University of Zurich).
The following nine project proposals received funding in the first round of the SEEK programme:
- Product Innovation under Uncertainty - The Effect of Dynamic Resource Allocation
- The Research Use Exemption from Patent Infringement – Boon or Bane?
- Interaction Between Innovation and Firm Dynamics and its Impact on Industry Structure and Economic Growth
- Patent Litigation in Europe
- How do Banks Screen Innovative Firms?
- Taxation and Corporate Innovation
- Firm Behavior Over the Product Life Cycle. Entry, Exit and Pricing Strategies on Online Price-Comparison Sites
- Anticipated Technology Shocks in the European Economies
- Induced Climate-related Innovations, Crowding out, and their Impacts on Competitiveness