Research Associate, Joseph E. Harrington // Wharton University of Pennsylvania, United StatesTo the profile
Third Conference of the Research Network on Innovation and Competition PolicyConference
Competition Policy and Innovation: Where do we stand?
With panel discussion on "Competition Policy in (the) Crisis?"
The Department of Economics of the University of Vienna organizes the 3rd Conference of the Research Network on Innovation and Competition Policy (RNIC), which is a cooperation of eight research institutes and universities in Europe (ZEW, WZB, and the Universities of KU Leuven, Maastricht, Mannheim, Toulouse I, Tübingen, and Vienna). It aims to bring together scholars from different disciplines, including economics, competition law, and management, to discuss current competitionpolicy matters. The network promotes a better understanding of the interplay between firms' innovative activities, competition, and the role of governmental intervention in national and international markets.
Topics of Interest
- Competition law and economics
- Efficiency in competition policy
- Impact of competition policy on innovation
- Intellectual property rights in competition policy
- US vs. EU antitrust law
- Institutional aspects of competition policy
- Political economy of antitrust
- Quantitative methods in antitrust
- Private vs. public antitrust enforcement
- Competition policy and state aid in the current crisis
Theoretical, empirical and policy oriented contributions are welcome.
Frank Verboven // Katholische Universität LeuvenTo the profile
Massimo Motta // ICREA-Universitat Pompeu Fabra & Barcelona School of EconomicsTo the profile