The Network on Real Estate Markets and Capital Markets (ReCapNet) provides a forum for researchers in the areas of real estate finance, investment, economics, development, housing, urban planning, and public policy to present advanced working papers. Theoretical, empirical and policy-oriented contributions are very welcome. The conference provides a forum that allows researchers to network while fostering the exchange of research ideas and results.
The 14th conference of the network will be hosted by ZEW Mannheim and organised by Steffen Sebastian (ZEW and IREBS, University of Regensburg) and Bertram Steininger (KTH Institute of Technology). The conference is planned to be held in person. Should this not be possible due to COVID-19-related restrictions, the conference will take place entirely or partly online.
The conference focuses on a broad range of topics related to real estate markets and their connected capital markets. We invite papers on this topic and on all areas of real estate finance and real estate economics.
A non-exhaustive list of potential topics includes:
- Real estate finance and real estate economics
- ML and technology-oriented firms in the real estate sector
- Real estate asset pricing
- Housing affordability
- Real estate and pension finance
- Reverse mortgage
- Inflation hedge
- (Net zero) housing
- Green real estate and sustainability
- Behavioural real estate
- Global trends and real estate: risks and challenges
- Financial stability and real estate
Papers will be selected based on a competitive review process. Contributions are welcome from both established and junior researchers.
Please use this form to submit your full paper. Submissions must include:
- Contact details of all authors
- An anonymised PDF version of your paper, without any information that could identify you personally (e.g. file metadata, acknowledgements and references to institutions).
Submission deadline: 15 August 2022
Notification of acceptance: 5 September 2022
Everyone is welcome to register and attend the conference. The registration will be available via this form in September.
Click the button below to load the content.