What we offer to our researchers
- To conduct research at a leading, internationally renowned research institute in the field of economics
- Communication of relevant research results to political institutions and the general public
- Research stays at renowned institutes
- Career opportunities and individual mentoring
- In-house seminars on soft skills and leadership skills
- Access to the Leibniz PostDoc Network, a communication platform for all researchers in the Leibniz Association
- Support of excellent female scientists in cooperation with the Leibniz Mentoring Programme and the Leibniz Programme for Women Professors
- Team-oriented working environment
In addition to conducting research projects at ZEW, advanced researchers are involved in the acquisition and implementation of policy advisory projects, thus contributing to ZEW's sustainable research agenda and its work in applied economic policy. Furthermore, they are involved in the mentoring of doctoral students and help to translate research results into practice.
We offer researchers access to a wide variety of career paths within and outside ZEW. Opportunities at the institute include obtaining a permanent employment contract, a managing position, or even becoming head of a research department. Outside ZEW, researchers’ career paths usually lead to universities, ministries, international organisations, multinational companies or consulting firms.
Interested in working at ZEW? Find our current job offers and apply!
Representation of interests
ZEW’s advanced researchers are represented by two spokespersons who defend their interests and organise regular meetings. They represent the interests of the institute in the Leibniz Association and are in contact with researchers from other institutes, from whom they may draw stimulating suggestions for the institute’s management.
Interested in a research stay at ZEW? The Visiting Researchers Programme is an offer by ZEW Mannheim to integrate researchers from Germany and abroad into the scientific work at the Institute. » read more