The Rhine-Neckar Metropolitan Region Parliamentary Evening at ZEW – MEPS, Researchers and Business Leaders Discuss Germany’s Energy TransitionDates and News
Will Germany’s energy transition and nuclear phase-out have a negative impact on competition or will it bring new marketing opportunities for the country’s economy? And what is the response from Brussels to the biggest environmental project in German history? These questions will be the focus of the third Parliamentary Evening held by the Rhine-Neckar Metropolitan Region which will take place on Monday, 2 February at the Centre for European Economic Research (ZEW).
ZEW Research Associate Professor Andreas Löschel will provide fuel for the discussion with a lecture on “EU Energy and Climate Policy and the German Energy Transition”. The ensuing debate will bring together MEPs and representatives from local businesses to discuss “The German Energy Transition and EU Climate Policy: Implications for the German Economy”. Sitting on the panel will be:
- Reinhard Bütikofer (MEP / Alliance 90 – The Greens)
- Daniel Caspary (MEP / CDU)
- Jutta Steinruck (MEP / SPD)
- Dr. Markus Binder (Commercial Director of Grosskraftwerk Mannheim AG)
- Johannes Heger (Executive Director and owner of HegerGuss, President of PfalzMetall)
- Dr. Peter Vest (Executive Board Member at Wircon GmbH)
Before the lecture and debate, Thomas Kohl, Director of Business and Administration at ZEW, will deliver a welcome address at 6 p.m. The panel discussion will be moderated by SWR ("Southwest Broadcasting") editor Gerhard Augstein.