The ERAWATCH research inventory service contains a comprehensive and coherent set of information on the policy context, the structure and evolution of the RTD systems in all the EU member States and the States associated to the Community's research framework programmes.
The inventory is built on the systematic collection and classification of five main categories of information at national (and progressively regional) level:
- Analytical Country Reports: analysing and assessing the evolution of the national policy mixes in the perspective of the wider EU strategy and goals, with a particular focus on the performance of the national research and innovation (R&I) system, their broader policy mix and governance and the interaction between national policies and the European Research Area (ERA);
- Country fiches: describing basic elements of the research system, including main characteristics of the national research systems, the governance of research policies, the role of regional research policies, and information on public and private R&D funding;
- Support measures: relevant instruments and schemes being developed and applied, including the role and impact of programme evaluation;
- Organisations: policy-making bodies and other organisations with significant influence on policies, funding organisations, and research performers in both the public and private sectors, as well as the interactions between them and the relevant structures in which they operate and interact;
- Research policy documents: providing all reference documents.
The ERAWATCH Network is coordinated by Technopolis.
Europäische Kommission, DG Research
01.06.2008 - 31.12.2012
ERAWATCH Network, Brüssel, BE