SEEK Workshop on Climate Policy, Technology and CompetitivenessWorkshop
Final Project Workshop within the SEEK Framework - Strengthening Efficiency and Competitiveness in the European Knowledge Economies
This programme is funded by the German federal state of Baden-Württemberg. The key aim of the SEEK programme is to achieve an improved understanding how policy measures should be best conceived to promote innovation, human capital formation, IT adoption, and the responsible stewardship of natural resources,with the ultimate goal of supporting European productivity and competitiveness.
The programme supports research into the following topics:
- Generation of Knowledge and Innovations
- Diffusion and Adoption of Knowledge and Innovations
- The Use of Knowledge by Entrepreneurs and Industries
- Consequences of a Knowledge-Based Economy
- Challenges of a Knowledge-Based Economy for Economic Policy
This research project has been carried out by the Centre for European Economic Research (ZEW) in Mannheim together with Resources for the Future (RFF) in Washington D.C. from May 2012 until September 2013. Via the project, we have done joint research and organized research visits and meetings at RFF and ZEW. We have addressed the following topics.
- Interaction of climate & energy policy instruments
- Trade-related international technology spillovers
- Impact of EU climate policy and international technology spillovers on the competitiveness of EU producers