The Centre for European Economic Research (ZEW) is pleased to announce the kick-off conference of its recently launched research programme "Strengthening Efficiency and Competitiveness in the European Knowledge Economies (SEEK)". The purpose of the conference is twofold: First, the conference aims at bringing together politicians and academia to discuss the challenges of knowledge and innovation-based growth for the European economies. Secondly, scholars from various economic disciplines are invited to present their research.
- Philippe Aghion, Harvard University
- Bronwyn Hall, University of California at Berkeley and University of Maastricht
- Stefan Mappus, Prime Minister of Baden-Württemberg
- Máire Geoghegan-Quinn, EU-Commissioner Research, Innovation and Science (tbc)
- Georg Schütte, State Secretary at the Federal Ministry of Education and Research
Please submit your full paper including an abstract of 100-200 words to Nicole Gürtzgen (email@example.com). PDFs are preferred, the deadline is November 30, 2010. Notifications will be sent by the end of December 2010.
- Daron Acemoglu (MIT)
- Bronwyn Hall (University of California, Berkeley and Maastricht University)
- Kai Konrad (MPI Munich)
- Josh Lerner (Harvard Business School)
- Steve Machin (University College London)
- Pierre Mohnen (UNU-MERIT, Maastricht University)
- Fabrizio Zilibotti (University of Zurich)
- Wolfgang Franz (ZEW)
Additional information will be made available at the conference website: http://www.zew.eu/seekconference2011
Participation will be free of charge.