The Centre for European Economic Research (ZEW) is pleased to announce its 14th Summer Workshop for Young Economists. This year’s focus is on "Trade and the Environment". The ZEW Summer Workshop provides a forum for discussion between up-and-coming researchers and established experts in their field of research. The programme comprises lectures by experienced researchers and presentations by young scholars. Extensive time will be provided for discussions among attendees. Participants have to present a paper during the workshop. We encourage the submission of theoretical and empirical papers.
Papers could, for example, address topics such as:
- International trade and industrial pollution
- Pollution haven models
- Environmental regulation and competitiveness
- Carbon leakage and border tax adjustments
- Consumption-generated versus production-generated pollution
- Trade and the use of resources
- Resources and resource overuse
- M. Scott Taylor (University of Calgary, Canada, and National Bureau of Economic Research, USA)
- Brian R. Copeland (University of British Columbia, Canada)
- Andreas Löschel (ZEW and University of Heidelberg, Germany)
Call for Papers und Programm
The workshop is open to about 15 advanced PhD students at the final stage of their doctoral thesis and postdocs within three years after completion of their thesis.
Please submit your paper and a CV to email@example.com no later than August 24, 2012. Participants may apply for financial aid for travel and accommodation.
Deadline for Submissions
August 24, 2012
Heinz König Young Scholar Award
During the summer workshop, the scholar younger than 35 years of age presenting the best paper will be honoured with the Heinz König Young Scholar Award. The award is sponsored by the Günter J. and Christa Grochla Stiftung. It includes an endowment of 5,000 EUR and a three-month research visit to ZEW. An award ceremony will conclude the workshop. The prize is named after the late founding director of ZEW, Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Heinz König.
12.10.2012 - 16.10.2012
ZEW, L 7,1 D-68161 Mannheim