Based on the ZEW Financial Market Test, up to 300 experts from banks, insurance companies and financial departments of selected corporations have been interviewed about their assessments and forecasts for important international financial market data every month since 1991. Participants are asked about their six-months expectations concerning the economy, inflation rates, interest rates, stock markets and exchange rates in the Eurozone, Germany, Japan, United States, United Kingdom, France and Italy as well as their expectations concerning the oil price. One indicator is created and published from the results of the ZEW Financial Market Survey: The ZEW Indicator of Economic Sentiment is a leading indicator for the German economy similar to the ifo Index.
The results are published and analyzed in the monthly publication Financial Market Report (only available in German). In addition, the survey findings are published in regular intervals via the press in the form of indicators and forecasts. The G-Mind (German Market Indicator) and the ECB-Watch, an indicator for the interest rate policy of the European Central Bank, are disseminated via the news agency vwd (Vereinigte Wirtschaftsdienste GmbH). The information service Reuters also publishes the aggregative survey results.
ZEW-Finanzmarktreport Januar 2017
This content is available in German only. We apologise for the inconvenience.
- Seitwärtsbewegung auf hohem Niveau
- Eurozone: Nahezu unveränderte Konjunkturerwartungen
- USA: Sprunghafter Anstieg der Konjunkturerwartungen
- Japan: Konjunkturlage erneut verbessert
- Großbritannien: Konjunkturerwartungen legen auf niedrigem Niveau weiter zu
- Sonderfrage: Welche wirtschaftlichen Auswirkungen ergeben sich nach dem Amtsantritt von Donald Trump im Weißen Haus?