6th ZEW Conference on Economics of Information and Communication Technologies
The conference objective is to discuss recent scientific contributions to the economics of information and communication technologies (ICT) and the economics of ICT industries. Theoretical, empirical, experimental and policy oriented contributions are welcome.
- Benjamin Hermalin (UC Berkeley, USA)
- Mary O’Mahony (University of Birmingham and NIESR, UK)
- Joel Waldfogel (University of Pennsylvania, USA)
Topics of Interest
- Software and Internet industries
- Competition policy and regulation
- ICT and innovation
- Telecommunication and new media
- Internet services
- Digital markets and intellectual property rights
- ICT outsourcing
- ICT, productivity and growth
- ICT and the labor market
- David Autor (MIT and NBER, USA)
- Michael Baye (Indiana University and U.S. Federal Trade Commission, USA)
- Ulrich Kaiser (University of Southern Denmark, Denmark)
- Martin Peitz (University of Mannheim, Germany)
- Tommaso Valletti (Imperial College London, UK and University of Rome "Tor Vergata", Italy)
Call for Papers, PDF file, 305 KB
Program, PDF file, 54 KB
Picture from the conference
04.07.2008 - 05.07.2008
Location of the Event
ZEW, L 7,1 D-68161 Mannheim
The deadline for submission of full papers is March 12, 2008. Electronic submission of papers in PDF or MS Word format is encouraged. Please submit to: email@example.com.
The decision on acceptance will be reached no later than April 15, 2008.
The conference fee is € 200. For participants who present a paper, travel expenses (APEX fare), accommodation and conference fee will be covered by the ZEW. Presenters will be asked to discuss another paper. All participants are requested to register no later than May 5, 2008. Papers and other information on the conference will be made available on the conference web page.