The conference objective was to discuss recent scientific contributions to the understanding of the economics and the diffusion of information and communication technologies (ICT) and the economics of ICT industries.
Topics of Interest:
- The new economy after the hype - the impacts of ICT on productivity and growth (both at the microeconomic and the macroeconomic level).
- ICT and the labor market.
- The industrial organization of software and internet industries (market structure, competition and regulation).
- Digital markets and E-Commerce (including pricing, taxation and competitive strategy).
- Regulation and deregulation of the telecommunications sector.
- ICT and intellectual property rights (e.g. software patents and open source software).
<HTML>Pictures from the conference.</HTML>