Mr. Dr. Jan Fries worked for ZEW in the Unit “Labour Markets and Human Resources”.
Articles in Refereed Journals
Fries, Jan, Christian Göbel and Michael F. Maier (2014), Do Employment Subsidies Reduce Early Apprenticeship Dropout?, Journal of Vocational Education & Training 66 (4), 433-461. Download
Monographs, Contributions to Edited Volumes
Zwick, Thomas, Christian Göbel and Jan Fries (2013), Age-Differentiated Work Systems Enhance Productivity and Retention of Old Employees, in: Christopher Marc Schlick, Ekkehart Frieling, Jürgen Wegge Springer, Heidelberg, 25-44.
Discussion and Working Papers
Fries, Jan (2014), Age and Skill Bias of Trade Liberalisation? Heterogeneous Employment Effects of EU Eastern Enlargement, ZEW Discussion Paper No. 14-113, Mannheim. Download
Fries, Jan, Christian Göbel and Michael F. Maier (2013), Do Employment Subsidies Reduce Early Apprenticeship Dropout?, ZEW Discussion Paper No. 13-053, Mannheim. Download
Boockmann, Bernhard, Jan Fries and Christian Göbel (2012), Specific Measures for Older Employees and Late Career Employment, IAW Discussion Papers No. 89, Tübingen. Download
Boockmann, Bernhard, Jan Fries and Christian Göbel (2012), Specific Measures for Older Employees and Late Career Employment, ZEW Discussion Paper No. 12-059, Mannheim. Download
- Project Duration 01.11.2014 - 30.06.2015Recruitment of Skilled Workers in the Care Sector
- Project Duration 01.07.2012 - 30.06.2014Wage and Employment Adjustment to European Market Integration: The Role of Labor Market Rigidities Quasi-Experimental Evidence from Germany
- Project Duration 01.04.2012 - 31.12.2015The Quality of Employment and Firm Outcomes: A Panel Analysis of Recent Developments in 600 German Establishments
- Project Duration 23.08.2010 - 31.01.2013Research project "BERUFSSTARTplus"
- Project Duration 01.11.2009 - 31.08.2012Implications of age-specific production systems and employee retention: which measures work and why are they applied?
- Project Duration 15.09.2009 - 30.11.2010Pilot study for the evaluation of youth programmes within Social Code II and Social Code III
- Project Duration 01.06.2009 - 31.12.2013Accompanying Research to Evaluate the Impact of Subsidies for Vocational Training on the Market for Vocational Training and on the Public Finances
- Project Duration 01.12.2008 - 28.02.2009Graduate Outlook: Accounting and Audit
- Project Duration 01.11.2007 - 30.11.2009The effect of age-sensitive production systems on employment and productivity: Economic Analysis on the basis of micro data
Prices, Awards and Distinctions
- 2011: Best Paper Award, Jacobs University Bremen, Germany