The study analyses and evaluates the performance of academic and industrial research in Baden-Wuerttemberg from a strategic perspective. The results of the analyses are used to review the thematic and programmatic orientation of the research system in Baden-Wuerttemberg.
The project focuses on the following issues:
- National and international comparison of the performance of private research in Baden-Wuerttemberg
- National and international comparison of the performance of academic research in Baden-Wuerttemberg
- Research an universities and public research institutes
- Industry structures and research activities
- Baden-Wuerttemberg's position in new disciplines and new technologies
- State of digitalisation in the business sector of Baden-Wuerttemberg
- Research and modernisation in SMEs
ZEW's contribution to the project focuses on "research and modernisation in SMEs".
Baden-Württemberg Stiftung gGmbH
01.12.2017 - 31.01.2019
Economics of Innovation and Industrial Dynamics · Digital Economy
Fraunhofer-Institut für System- und Innovationsforschung, Karlsruhe, DE