The Centre for European Economic Research (ZEW) and the Institute for Employment Research (IAB) are pleased to announce a workshop on the spatial dimensions of the labour market. It aims at bringing together 12-15 labour economists, regional economists, geographers and scholars from related fields to discuss issues evolving around the spatial dimension of the labour market.
Topics of Interest
Theoretical, empirical and policy oriented contributions in the analysis of labour markets and its spatial dimensions are equally welcome. A non-exhaustive list of topics is:
- Spatial mismatch unemployment and spatial job search
- Pecuniary versus non-pecuniary factors for human capital flows
- (Im)Mobility of labour and individual labour market outcomes
- Human capital flows: the impact on regional labour markets
- Regional dimensions of wage determination
- Evaluation of regional labour market policies
- Regional economic growth: the role of regional externalities and spillovers
- Gianmarco I.P. Ottaviano, Bocconi University
- Melanie Arntz, ZEW Mannheim
- Uwe Blien, University of Bamberg and IAB Nuremberg
- Holger Bonin, ZEW Mannheim
- Alfred Garloff, IAB Nuremberg
- Nicole Gürtzgen, ZEW Mannheim
- Anette Haas, IAB Nuremberg
- Joachim Möller, University of Regensburg and IAB Nuremberg
Submission of Papers
The deadline for submission of full papers is September 15, 2009. Please submit papers in PDF or MS Word format to: email@example.com
The decision on acceptance will be reached no later than October 1, 2009. Presenters will be asked to discuss another paper. All participants are requested to register no later than November 1, 2009.
Participants who present a paper may apply for financial support to cover travel and accommodationexpenses. Papers and other information on the conference will be made available on this conference webpage.