The Centre for European Economic Research (ZEW) and the Mannheim Centre for Competition and Innovation (MaCCI) are pleased to announce the sixth Mannheim Energy Conference on 11–12 May 2017. International scholars and practitioners in the field of energy economics are invited to discuss latest insights, new opportunities and future challenges. The conference shall provide a stimulating environment for debates on issues fundamental to the energy industry, on policy implications of recent research, and new research questions arising from energy market regulation and policies. Advanced theoretical, empirical, and policy-oriented contributions on all aspects of the economics of energy markets are welcome.
The following gives a non-exhaustive list of topics:
- Competition and Regulation of Energy Markets
- Infrastructure Provision and Management
- Sustainable Energy Transition
- Energy Demand and Efficiency
- Energy Innovation and Investment
- Special Practitioners' Session
- James Bushnell (University of California, Davis, US)
- Stefan Reichelstein (Stanford University, US & University of Mannheim, DE)
- Catherine Waddams (University of East Anglia, UK)
- Christoph Böhringer (University of Oldenburg, DE)
- Antoine Dechezleprêtre (London School of Economics and Political Science, UK)
- Natalia Fabra (Carlos III University of Madrid, ES)
- Gautam Gowrisankaran (University of Arizona, US)
- Luigi Grossi (University of Verona, IT)
- Andreas Lange (University of Hamburg, DE)
- Andreas Löschel (University of Münster, DE)
- Philipp Schmidt-Dengler (University of Vienna, AT)
- Ulrich Wagner (University of Mannheim, DE)
- Michael Waterson (University of Warwick, UK)
- Frank Wolak (Stanford University, US)
Interested researchers are invited to submit preferably an academic paper, or an extended abstract of at least three pages. Interested practitioners should submit a one-page abstract. Submissions should be sent in PDF format to email@example.com no later than 5 February 2017.
The conference fee is EUR 200. This covers the conference package, meals, refreshments, coffee breaks, and the conference dinner. Participants presenting a paper will pay a reduced fee of EUR 100. In addition, ZEW will offer a limited number of grants for travel and accommodation to selected participants. Please indicate in your submission if you wish to apply for a grant and contact the organising committee for further information.
5 February 2017: Submission deadline
6 March 2017: Notification of acceptance
Presenters are asked to discuss a paper. Authors shall send their papers to the discussant at least two weeks before the start of the conference.
11.05.2017 - 12.05.2017
ZEW, L 7,1 D-68161 Mannheim