The Centre for European Economic Research (ZEW) and the Mannheim Centre for Competition and Innovation (MaCCI) are pleased to announce the 7th Mannheim Energy Conference on 14–15 May 2018. International scholars and practitioners in the field of energy economics are invited to discuss latest insights, new opportunities and future challenges. The conference shall provide a stimulating environment for debates on issues fundamental to the energy industry, on policy implications of recent research, and new research questions arising from energy market regulation and policies. Advanced theoretical, empirical, and policy-oriented contributions on all aspects of the economics of energy markets are welcome.
The following gives a non-exhaustive list of topics:
- Competition and Regulation of Energy Markets
- Infrastructure Provision and Management
- Sustainable Energy Transition
- Energy Demand and Efficiency
- Energy Innovation and Investment
Interested researchers are invited to submit preferably an academic paper, or an extended abstract of at least three pages. Interested practitioners should submit a one-page abstract. Submissions should be sent in PDF format to email@example.com no later than 11 February 2018.
- 11 February 2018: Submission deadline
- 12 March 2018: Notification of acceptance
- 3 April 2018: Registration for presenter
- 09 May 2018: Registration for passive participants
The conference fee is EUR 200. This covers the conference package, meals, refreshments, coffee breaks, and the conference dinner. The conference fee will be reduced to EUR 100 for participants presenting a paper.
Presenters are asked to discuss a paper. Authors shall send their papers to the discussant at least two weeks before the start of the conference.