This workshop offers young researchers the fields of economics of innovation and competition economics the opportunity to discuss their dissertation projects in great detail within a group of experienced and renowned scholars, as well as other PhD students and postdoctoral researchers in an inspiring environment.
- Dirk Czarnitzki (KU Leuven, BE)
- Gaétan de Rassenfosse (EPFL Lausanne, CH)
- Thorsten Doherr (ZEW Mannheim, DE)
- Justus Haucap (DICE, Heinrich-Heine-University Düsseldorf, DE)
- Ulrich Heimeshoff (DICE, Heinrich-Heine-University Düsseldorf, DE)
- Paul Heidhues (DICE, Heinrich-Heine-University Düsseldorf, DE)
- Katrin Hussinger (University of Luxemburg, LU)
- Ulrich Laitenberger (ZEW, Mannheim, DE & Télécom ParisTech, FR)
- Georg Licht (ZEW, Mannheim, DE)
- Hans-Theo Normann (DICE, Heinrich-Heine-University Düsseldorf, DE)
- Bettina Peters (ZEW Mannheim, DE & University of Luxemburg, LU)
- Alexander Rasch (DICE, Heinrich-Heine-University Düsseldorf, DE)
- Cédric Schneider (Copenhagen Business School, DK)
- Otto Toivanen (Aalto-University, FI & KU Leuven, BE)
- Andrew Toole (U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, US)
- Reinhilde Veugelers (KU Leuven, BE)
The summer school features lectures that provide students with a detailed understanding of current topics of innovation, the economics of science and intellectual property rights, empirical competition analysis, and contemporary issues theories of industrial organization. Students's presentations and workshops on research methodologies take place in the afternoon.
24 March 2017
Please submit an extended abstract of the paper you intend to present, a letter of support from your PhD supervisor and your CV to email@example.com.
Registration fee: EUR 500. This fee covers accommodation, lunch and dinner expenses, access to lectures and workshops, and materials distributed to participants. Travel and other expenses are not included. Complimentary transportation from/to the airport to/from the venue will be organised for arrival (Sunday, 4 June) and departure (Saturday, 10 June) days. br>CISS will take place at Cala Liberotto, a small village close to Orosei in the Eastern part of the island of Sardinia (Italy). The venue can be reached via Olbia airport.
For more information please visit our website www.euro-ciss.eu.