The international one-day SEEK workshop addresses macroeconomic questions regarding the substitution between clean and dirty production (e.g. between clean and dirty energy inputs or between clean and dirty production processes). It aims at discussing both, the theoretical relevance of the topic as well as measurement issues and policy implications. The workshop will feature invited presenters only.
The workshop is organised within the framework of the research programme "Strengthening Efficiency and Competitiveness in the European Knowledge Economies" (SEEK) by the Centre for European Economic Research (ZEW) in collaboration with Chris Papageorgiou (IMF).
Per invitation only. The number of workshop participants is limited.
- Philippe Aghion (Harvard University, USA, per video conference)
- Lucas Bretschger (ETH Zurich, Switzerland)
- Conny Olovsson (IIES Stockholm University, Sweden)
- Pietro Peretto (Duke University, USA)
- Michael Schymura (ZEW, Germany)
- Sjak Smulders (Tilburg University, Netherlands)
- Chris Papageorgiou (International Monetary Fund, USA)
- Marianne Saam (ZEW)
- Patrick Schulte (ZEW)
- Ulrike Merkel (ZEW)