The Integration of Immigrants and Attitudes towards the Welfare State (IMES) group, a joint research group of ZEW Mannheim and the Mannheim Centre for European Social Research (MZES)at the University of Mannheim, is pleased to announce its 2022 international workshop.
ZEW is hosting a workshop to bring together international scholars from different social sciences (political science, sociology, economics) studying the impact of migration in the host countries. The goal is to present and discuss recent empirical and policy-oriented research on the integration of immigrants and its effect on the welfare state and attitudes formation. We strongly encourage contributions from all areas of social sciences.
- Impact of immigration on host country labour markets
- Political economy of immigration
- The impact of social policies on the integration of migrants and refugees
- Drivers of attitudes towards immigration
- Welfare chauvinism (attitudes towards migrants’ access to welfare benefits)
- Intergenerational attitude transmission
- Socialization of prejudice / socialization of migration attitudes
- The relationship of migration and attitudes towards the welfare state
The standard conference fee is EUR 250. Participants presenting a paper will pay a reduced fee of EUR 150 (which covers accommodation costs for up to 2 nights). On top of this, following notification of acceptance, presenters may apply for financial support from ZEW to cover their travel expenses. Researchers interested in presenting a paper are asked to submit an extended abstract (max. 1,000 words; both full papers and preliminary versions are welcome) no later than 31 May 2022 via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Decisions on acceptance shall be made no later than 1July 2022. All presenters are requested to register no later than 15 August 2022.
Click the button below to load the content.
22.09.2022 - 23.09.2022
ZEW – Leibniz-Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung
L 7, 1 68161 Mannheim