The conference will provide an international platform for exchange and discussion between academic researchers and practitioners in public authorities, legal counsel, and economic consultancies.
The MaCCI Law and Economics Conference is organized for the sixth time since the inaugural edition in 2011. It is our ambition to stimulate and disseminate research in the field of competition, regulation, and innovation policy. We gratefully acknowledge financial support from Gleiss Lutz for this year’s annual law and economics conference.
Internationally recognized experts in the fields will address recent developments with regard to the law on cartel damages in the EU. The scheduled topics include:
- The Impact of the Directive – The Big Picture
- Quantification of Damages
- Reconciling Leniency and Cartel Damages Actions
- Passing-on Defence and Standing of Indirect Purchasers
- Making Cartel Damages Law in Europe: Between Centralized and Decentralized Rulemaking
We are particularly delighted to announce keynote speeches by Professor Margaret Levenstein (University of Michigan) and Professor Wouter Wils (EU Commission and King's College London).
The registration deadline is October 25th 2016. Please register via our XING registration