The Centre for European Economic Research (ZEW) in Mannheim is pleased to announce its Conference on the Impact of Regulation on Investment and Innovation Incentives. We aim at stimulating the discussion between international researchers conducting related empirical, theoretical and policy-based analysis.
A particular focus of the conference is on network-based markets (Telecommunications, Energy, Water, Post, Rail etc.).
Topics of Interest:
Theoretical, empirical and policy-oriented contributions from all areas of the economics of regulation are welcome. A non-exhaustive list of topics is:
- Infrastructure Regulation in alternative Network-based Markets
- Innovation in Downstream Industries
- Regulation driven R&D and its Success in Network-based Markets
- Regulation and Infrastructure Quality
- Infrastructure Regulation and Downstream Market Innovations
- Service Regulation and Infrastructure Investments
- Martin Cave, University of Warwick, UK
- Yossi Spiegel, Tel Aviv University, Israel
- Paul de Bijl, CPB, NL
- Bruno Jullien, IDEI, Toulouse, F
- Peter Møllgaard, Copenhagen Business School, DK
- Jürgen Müller, Berlin School of Economics, DE
- Martin Peitz, University of Mannheim, DE
- Jürgen Weigand, WHU Otto Beisheim School of Management, DE
Local Organizing Committee:
- Georg Licht
- Jeanine Miklós-Thal
- Kai Hüschelrath
- Tobias Veith
Submission of Papers or Abstracts:
Full papers as well as extended abstracts may be submitted. All proposals must include acover page with the following information:
- An abstract of up to 500 words (for full paper submissions);
- Authors' full name and affiliation;
- Contact details for corresponding author, such as address, phone, and e-mail.
All papers or abstracts should be submitted electronically to the organizing committee via the e-mail address email@example.com as doc or pdf files (preferably pdf) no later than 18 July 2008. Proposals must be in English. Proposals will be peer reviewed. Authors of accepted papers or abstracts will be notified no later than 15 August 2007. Presenters may be kindly asked to discuss another paper.
The conference fee is € 150. For participants who present a paper, the conference fee is reduced to € 100.
The registration fee covers conference materials, coffee breaks, two lunch breaks and the conference dinner on 1 October 2008.
ZEW, Centre for European Economic Research
Kai Hüschelrath • Tobias Veith
Department of Industrial Economics and International Management
P.O. Box 10 34 43 • D-68034 Mannheim • Germany
Phone: +49 621 1235-296 • Fax: +49 621 1235-170
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org • Internet: www.zew.de/regulation2008