The ZEW – Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research, jointly with the University of Turku and the VATT Institute for Economic Research, is pleased to announce the call for papers for the “4th Economics of Public Procurement Workshop”, which will take place in Mannheim on 27–28 October 2022. The workshop will be held in person on the premises of ZEW.
The symposium aims to provide an annual forum to discuss recent advances in the economic analysis of public procurement and to bring together economists active in the field. Last year’s programme can be found here.
Papers are invited on the following (non-exhaustive) list of procurement topics:
- Incentives, screening, and monitoring
- Political economy of allocation decisions and favouritism
- Governance of contracting agencies
- Firm and industry responses
- Efficacy of different award designs
- Secondary objectives: employment, environmental, and innovation policies
- Active and passive waste
- Pre-award vs post-award outcomes
- Competition and collusion
- Market structure
Both empirical and theoretical work is welcome, including completed papers and papers in progress. Interested authors are asked to submit an extended abstract or, preferably, a full paper in PDF format by 8 August 2022 via this link.
Applicants will be notified of the acceptance decision by early September 2022. There is no workshop fee. Accommodation and travel expenses (economy class) for presenters will be covered.
Click the button below to load the content.
27.10.2022 - 28.10.2022
ZEW – Leibniz-Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung
L 7, 1 68161 Mannheim