The Centre for European Economic Research (ZEW) holds its fourteenth Conference on the Economics of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) in Mannheim on June 3 and 4, 2016. The objective of the conference is to discuss recent scientific contributions to the economics of information and communication technologies (ICT) and the economics of ICT industries. Theoretical, empirical and policy-oriented contributions are welcome.
- Christopher Forman (Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, USA)
- Joshua Gans (University of Toronto, Canada)
- Avi Goldfarb (University of Toronto, Canada)
- Mary O’Mahony (King’s College London, UK)
- Catherine Tucker (MIT Sloan School of Management, USA)
- Tommaso Valletti (Imperial College London, UK)
- Joel Waldfogel (University of Minnesota, USA)
- Kenneth Wilbur (University of California, San Diego, USA)
- Irene Bertschek (ZEW und University of Mannheim, Germany)
- Martin Peitz (University of Mannheim and ZEW, Germany)
- Florian Stahl (University of Mannheim and ZEW, Germany)
Software and Internet industries • ICT and innovation • Telecommunication and new media • Internet services • Electronic commerce • Competition policy and regulation of ICT • Digital markets and intellectual property rights • Standards • ICT outsourcing • ICT, productivity and growth • ICT and the labour market • Social media • Digital divide
There will be invited and contributed sessions. The deadline for submission of full papers is March 15, 2016. Please submit papers in PDF or MS Word format to: email@example.com
Submissions by PhD students are particularly encouraged. The decision on acceptance will be reached no later than April 20, 2016.
The conference fee is EUR 200.
For participants who present a paper, the conference fee is reduced to EUR 100; Presenters may apply for financial support from ZEW to cover travel expenses after notification of acceptance. Accommodation for presenters will be covered by ZEW. Presenters may be kindly asked to discuss another paper. All participants are requested to register no later than April 30, 2016.