The conference objective is to discuss recent scientific contributions to the economics of information and communication technologies (ICT) and the economics of ICT industries. Theoretical, empirical, and policy-oriented contributions are welcome.
- Eric Bartelsman (Free University of Amsterdam, NL)
- Juanjuan Zhang (MIT Sloan School of Management, US)
Topics of Interest
Software and Internet industries · Competition policy and regulation of ICT · ICT and innovation · Telecommunication and new media · Internet services · Electronic commerce · Digital markets and intellectual property rights · Standards · ICT outsourcing · ICT, productivity, and growth · ICT and the labour market · Social media · Digital divide
- Avi Goldfarb (University of Toronto, CA)
- Mary O'Mahony (University of Birmingham, UK)
- Martin Peitz (University of Mannheim and ZEW, DE)
- Chad Syverson (University of Chicago, US)
- Catherine Tucker (MIT Sloan School of Management, US)
- Tommaso Valletti (Imperial College London, UK)
- Joel Waldfogel (University of Minnesota, US)
- Kenneth Wilbur (Duke University, US)
Call for Papers
There will be invited as well as contributed sessions. Submissions by PhD students are particularly encouraged. The deadline for submission of full papers is March 20, 2013. Please submit papers in PDF or MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The decision on acceptance will be reached by April 25, 2013.
The conference fee is € 200. For participants presenting a paper the conference fee is reduced to € 100, travel expenses (economy class) and accommodation will be covered by ZEW. Presenters will be kindly asked to discuss another paper. All participants are requested to register no later than May 10, 2013.