Public access is restricted to a necessary minimum. We ask external guests to speak directly to their contact person and to make arrangements in accordance with the general recommendations for action (restricted direct personal contact, use of telephone, e-mail and communication tools, etc.). The ZEW library is open for borrowing in compliance with the protective and hygiene measures.
Mandatory tests for guests, test offered at ZEW
When visiting ZEW, it is now mandatory to hold a negative Corona (rapid) test taken on the very same day. In the vicinity of ZEW, there is an increasing number of facilities that offer free rapid tests (e.g. at the Touristinfo at the main train station or on the Kapuzinerplanken). For detailed information, please refer to the general overview of test centres in Mannheim. For detailed information, please refer to the general overview of test centres in Mannheim.
As an alternative, guests can conduct a self-test at ZEW. If this is desired, please inform the reception as early as possible to avoid waiting times.
During you visit to ZEW, we ask you to follow the following guidelines:
- The health of our guests and staff is our priority. Please only come to ZEW if you are healthy.
- Maintain distance (at least 1.5 m).
- Only one person per lift.
- Use the floor markings to maintain distance.
- Please mind the hygiene measures.
- Open the window frequently.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve when you sneeze.
- Wash your hands regularly.
- Face masks or coverings must be worn in all areas of the institute except when you are in your office.
- All visitors must report to reception.
- All visitors must fill out the contact form available at the reception.
- All guests are instructed to follow the hygiene measures (wash hands, wear face coverings; face masks are available at the reception if needed).
- Antiviral hand sanitisers are available near the entrance and at the reception.
Our press office will also continue to be available for media enquiries. On our contact page you will find a list with the most important ZEW contact details.
ZEW is examining to what extent scheduled events can take place virtually. Individual dates may be postponed. The current status of the events can be found in the ZEW Events Calendar. Please note our health and safety rules at ZEW events.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact our event team at email@example.com.
An internal Health Protection Group meets on a regular base to continuously monitor the situation closely, and to promptly put appropriate measures in place.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.