CISS - Competition and Innovation Summer School
The Centre for European Economic Research (ZEW) is pleased to announce the Competition and Innovation Summer School 2012, sponsored by ZEW, K.U. Leuven, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE), and the European Science Foundation (ESF).
This workshop offers young interested researchers within the field of the economics of innovation and competition the possibility to intensively discuss their dissertation plans or drafts within a peer group of experienced and renowned scholars, as well as other PhD students and post-doc researchers in a great environment.
Formal lectures every morning, providing students with detailed knowledge on current topics of innovation, the economics of science and intellectual property rights, empirical competition analysis and contemporary issues in theories of industrial organization. Students’ presentations and workshops on research methodologies and tools will take place in the afternoon.
- Dirk Czarnitzki (K.U. Leuven, BE)
- Andrea Günster (ETH Zurich, CH)
- Justus Haucap (DICE, Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf, DE)
- Katrin Hussinger (Maastricht University, NL)
- Adam Jaffe (Brandeis University, US)
- Tobias Klein (Tilburg University, NL)
- Georg Licht (ZEW, Mannheim, DE)
- Francesco Lissoni (University of Brescia, IT & Bocconi University, IT)
- Hans-Theo Normann (DICE, Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf, DE)
- Bettina Peters (ZEW, Mannheim, DE)
- Cédric Schneider (Copenhagen Business School, DK)
- Jo Seldeslachts (University of Amsterdam, NL & K.U. Leuven, BE)
- Yossi Spiegel (Tel Aviv University, IL)
- Sigrid Suetens (Tilburg University, NL)
- Andrew Toole (U.S. Department of Agriculture, US)
- Reinhilde Veugelers (K.U. Leuven, BE)
21.05.2012 - 26.05.2012
Location of the Event
Registration fee: 400 €. This fee covers room accommodation, lunch and dinner expenses, access to lectures and workshops, and to the materials distributed to participants. Travel and other expenses are not included. Complimentary transportation from/to the airport to/from the venue will be organized on arrival (SUN, May 20) and departure (SUN, May 27) days.
The International Academy Marmaris (IAM) is located in Turunç which is about 21 km away from Marmaris. The venue can be reached via Dalaman airport. For further information on the workshop location visit: www.akademimarmaris.net
Call for Papers
Call for Papers, (PDF Datei, 929 KB)
Deadline of Submission:
January 31, 2011
Deadline for Acceptance of Application:
February 14, 2011
For on-line application and further information visit our website: