The Centre for European Economic Research (ZEW) and the Mannheim Centre for Competition and Innovation (MaCCI) are pleased to announce the 4th Mannheim Energy Conference on May 7 and 8, 2015. International scholars and practitioners from various disciplines are invited to discuss the lessons learned from almost 20 years of power market liberalisation in Europe, new opportunities and future challenges. The conference seeks to provide a stimulating environment for debates addressing the policy implications of recent research and challenges for research that result from current political decisions.
Confirmed Keynote Speakers to date will be
- Natalia Fabra (University Carlos III, Madrid, ES)
- Frank Wolak (Stanford University, US)
- Catherine Wolfram (University of California at Berkeley, US)
- Christoph Müller (Netze BW, DE)
Advanced theoretical, empirical, and policy-oriented contributions on all aspects of the economics of energy markets are welcome. A non-exhaustive list of topics is:
- Competition and Investment in Electricity Markets
- Infrastructure and Regulation
- Sustainable Energy Transition
- Energy Demand, Energy Efficiency and Energy Employment
- Energy Innovation
In a special practitioners' session current topics of energy policy and challenges faced by firms in the energy market will be discussed.
- Christoph Böhringer (University of Oldenburg)
- Gautam Gowrisankaran (University of Arizona)
- Luigi Grossi (University of Verona)
- Andreas Lange (University of Hamburg)
- Andreas Löschel (University of Münster)
- Martin Peitz (University of Mannheim and MaCCI)
- Philipp Schmidt-Dengler (University of Vienna)
- Ulrich Wagner (University Carlos III of Madrid)
- Michael Waterson (University of Warwick)
- Christoph Weber (University of Duisburg-Essen)
Call for Papers
Interested researchers are invited to submit a paper or an extended abstract (at least 3 pages),interested professionals a single-paged abstract, as PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Februar 23, 2015.
The conference fee is EUR 180. It covers the conference package, meals, refreshments and coffee breaks and the conference dinner. For participants presenting a paper, the conference fee is waived. Presenters may be kindly asked to discuss a paper.
07.05.2015 - 08.05.2015
ZEW, L 7,1 D-68161 Mannheim