The Centre for European Economic Research (ZEW) and the Centre for International Climate and Environmental Research Oslo (CICERO) host a conference on consumption-based approaches in climate policy in Mannheim on March 6 and 7, 2013. Despite the emergence of climate policy in different parts of the world, global emissions are still increasing. Against this background, there are calls for more comprehensive approaches to climate policy, which focus on emissions embodied in consumption. The overall goal of these approaches is to alter current emission consumption patterns and to initiate the transition towards a low carbon future. This two day event brings together selected renowned researchers in order to explore new directions in consumption-based approaches in climate policy.
The conference language will be English.
- Arild Underdal, University of Oslo and Centre for International Climate and Environmental Research Oslo, Norway
- Dabo Guan, University of Leeds
- Erik Dietzenbacher, University of Groningen
- Gabriel Felbermayr, ifo Institute and University of Munich
- Giovanni Baiocchi, University of East Anglia
- Jared C. Carbone, University of Calgary
- Jim Skea, Imperial College London
- Karl Steininger, University of Graz
- Susanne Dröge, Stiftung Wissenschaft und Politik
- Andreas Löschel, Centre for European Economic Research (ZEW) in Mannheim, Germany
- Glen Peters, Centre for International Climate and Environmental Research Oslo, Norway
The conference is open for a maximum of 20 non-presenting participants. Please register online via Amiando no later than March 1, 2013.
The conference fee is EUR 135, covering conference materials, coffee breaks, and lunch on both conference days.
06.03.2013 - 07.03.2013
ZEW, L 7,1 D-68161 Mannheim