The Mannheim Centre for Competition and Innovation (MaCCI), a joint initiative of the Centre for European Economic Research (ZEW) and the University of Mannheim, is pleased to announce its 2018 Annual Conference. The aim of the conference is to provide a platform for exchange and discussion on topics in competition- and innovation-related research between academic researchers and practitioners in public authorities, legal counsel, and economic consultancies. Information on previous editions of the conference
The conference will primarily consist of parallel sessions in which original research papers from all fields of competition law and economics may be presented. The parallel sessions will also include papers on business strategy related to competition, on the intersection between competition and innovation, and on regulated industries. Theoretical, empirical, as well as case-oriented papers are welcome. In particular, we invite lawyers to submit papers focusing on EU competition and/or comparative competition law. In addition to contributed sessions, there will also be two keynote lectures and several invited sessions.
- Thomas Fetzer (University of Mannheim and MaCCI)
- Jens-Uwe Franck (University of Mannheim and MaCCI)
- Bruno Jullien (Toulouse School of Economics)
- Volker Nocke (University of California, Los Angeles and MaCCI)
- Martin Peitz (University of Mannheim, ZEW and MaCCI)
- Fiona Scott-Morton (Yale School of Management)
- Michelle Sovinsky (University of Mannheim and MaCCI)
- Emanuele Tarantino (University of Mannheim and MaCCI)
- Achim Wambach (ZEW, University of Mannheim and MaCCI)
Please submit a full paper or an extended abstracts (three page minimum) in English to email@example.com.
Valid submissions should include:
- an abstract of up to 200 words
- author's full name and affiliation as well as contact details
Young researchers are particularly encouraged to submit proposals.
The conference fee is EUR 180. It covers conference materials, coffee breaks, and lunch. The conference fee will be waived for presenters.
Local Organising Committee
- Niklas Dürr
- Thomas Fetzer
- Stefan Frübing
- Martin Peitz
- Oliver Woll