The Centre for European Economic Research (ZEW) is pleased to announce the 2016 ZEW Public Finance Conference. Papers on all fields of public finance are welcome. The particular focus of the 2016 annual conference will be on fiscal equalisation in Europe, including (but not restricted to) research on:
- European unemployment insurance
- Stabilisation effects of fiscal equalisation schemes
- Political economy of fiscal equalisation
- Fiscal equalisation and long-term growth
- Efficient tax setting under fiscal equalisation schemes
- Fiscal equalisation and factor mobility
- Massimo Morelli, Università Bocconi
- Jonathan A. Rodden, Stanford University
- Arbeitskreis Europäische Integration e.V.
- Centre for European Economic Research (ZEW)
Thiess Büttner (University of Erlangen-Nürnberg) · Friedrich Heinemann (ZEW and Heidelberg University) · Eckhard Janeba (University of Mannheim) · Andreas Peichl (ZEW and University of Mannheim) · Christoph Spengel (ZEW and University of Mannheim) · Johannes Voget (University of Mannheim)
Special Issue of the Journal of Economics and Statistics
A special issue of the Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbücher für Nationalökonomie und Statistik) on fiscal equalisation in Europe will be published under the editorship of Thiess Büttner and Friedrich Heinemann. The selection will follow the usual reviewing procedure of the journal. Authors whose papers are accepted for presentation at the conference are encouraged to submit their papers for the special issue.
Call for Papers
Please submit a paper via EasyChair by January 24, 2016. Acceptance of proposals will be notified by February 19, 2016. Completed papers will be required no later than April 17, 2016. No conference fee will be charged for presenters.