Study on Interest Paid on Overdrafts / Instalment Credit
This study is aimed at analyzing the market for
overdraft facilities with a special focus on the level and development of
interest rates and consumer behavior regarding this product. It is a joint
study between the Centre for European Economic Research (ZEW), Mannheim, and
the Hamburg-based Institute for Financial Services (iff) and comprises the
1. Availability and extent of use of overdraft
facilities according to consumer groups.
2. Terms and conditions for consumers and differences
in e.g. income/creditworthiness.
3. Alternatives for individual consumer groups,
particularly installment loans.
4. Supply of and access to alternative modes of
financing especially for consumers with low creditworthiness.
5. Assessment of the legal framework regarding
interest rate development/refinancing.
Duration: 25.08.2011 - 31.08.2012