7th ZEW Conference on the Economics of Information and Communication Technologies
The conference objective is to discuss recent scientific contributions to the economics of information and communication technologies (ICT) and the economics of ICT industries. Theoretical, empirical, experimental and policy oriented contributions are welcome.
- Neil Gandal (Tel Aviv University, Israel)
- Michael D. Smith (Carnegie Mellon University, USA)
Topics of Interest
Software and Internet industries · Competition policy and regulation of ICT · ICT and innovation · Telecommunication and new media · Internet services · Electronic commerce · Digital markets and intellectual property rights · Standards · ICT outsourcing · ICT, productivity and growth · ICT and the labor market · Web 2.0 · Digital divide
- Ulrich Kaiser (University of Zurich, Switzerland and ZEW)
- Mary O’Mahony (University of Birmingham, UK)
- Martin Peitz (University of Mannheim and ZEW, Germany)
- Fiona Scott-Morton (Yale University, USA)
- Tommaso Valletti (Imperial College London, UK)
- Joel Waldfogel (University of Pennsylvania, USA)
Call for Papers, (PDF file, 298 KB)
Program, (PDF file, 28KB)
Picture from the workshop
03.07.2009 - 04.07.2009
Location of the Event
ZEW, L 7,1 D-68161 Mannheim
Download REGISTRATION FORM, (PDF file, 10 KB)
The deadline for submission of full papers is March 15, 2009. Please submit papers in PDF or MS Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The decision on acceptance will be reached no later than April 15, 2009.
The conference fee is € 200. For participants who present a paper, travel expenses (APEX fare), accommodation and conference fee will be covered by the ZEW. Presenters will be asked to discuss another paper. All participants are requested to register no later than May 5, 2009.
Papers and other information on the conference will be made available on this conference web page.