ZEW Sponsors' Association for Science and Practice (Registered Society)
The ZEW Sponsors' Association for Science and Practice (Registered Society) in Mannheim has targeted the dialogue between science and practice for mutual benefit since its foundation in 1993. Representatives from the economy, particularly from the Rhine-Neckar metropolitan region, have formed the non-profit association to support ZEW with help and advice. The ZEW Sponsors' Association promotes practice-relevant research projects and is involved at the institute's events like "Perspectives for Economic Policy". Prof. Dr. Claudia Buch, Dr. Angela Merkel, Prof. Dr. Johanna Wanka, Prof. James J. Heckman, PhD, Timotheus Höttges, Karl Kardinal Lehmann, Carlos Moedas, Günter H. Oettinger, Dr. Wolfgang Schäuble, Prof. Dr. Christoph M. Schmidt, Prof. Dr. Hans-Werner Sinn, Jean-Claude Trichet and others gave speeches at these ZEW events.
Moreover, the ZEW Sponsors' Association is a forum where companies and researchers from various fields can discuss vital economic and political issues. This dialogue proved to be productive for both sides. It provides companies with scientifically sound answers to diverse topics and provides science with the necessary reference to practice. The members of the ZEW Sponsors' Association for Science and Practice regularly receive the most important information about ZEW and are invited to all of the institute's major events.
The ZEW Sponsors' Association is sponsored by membership fees and donations. The members pay a yearly membership fee whose amount is left to the members' decision, considering the minimum fee of €1.000 for companies and €200 for individuals.
For further information on membership of the ZEW Sponsors' Association for Science and Practice (Registered Society), please contact the Office of the Sponsors' Association Science and Practice at the Centre for European Economic Research (ZEW).
- The Annual Report 2017/2018 of the German Council of Economic Experts on 28 November 2017 in Mannheim
- Economic Research and Economic Policy Advice on 14 December 2017 in Mannheim
Picture galleries and short reports with selected photos and videos of previous events of the ZEW Sponsors' Association for Science and Practice (Registered Society):
- The Data Economy: Threats and Opportunities on 23 June 2017 in Mannheim
- Europe After Brexit. 15 Proposals for a New Europe on 1 February 2017 in Mannheim
- 25 Years of Research and Policy Consultancy: ZEW Celebrates Its Anniversary on 8 December 2016 in Mannheim
- First-Hand Information on the Current Economic Policy: The Euro and the Battle of Ideas on 4 October 2016 in Mannheim
- ZEW Economic Forum 2016: New Rules for the Digital Economy? on 5 July 2016 in Mannheim